6.08.2012

THEY KEEP ERASING ALL THE STREETS WE GREW UP IN


My school celebrated its 100th birthday today. Everyone has been hustling to decorate it for the open house this weekend, I've never seen it look so pretty! Today was a big assembly, with student speakers, songs, a flash mob, and even birthday cupcakes for everyone. I headed an art project for the whole school - individual student banners strung throughout the hallways. But of course, our own art decorating my classroom door and wall space - heart mosaics and eagle motifs (our school mascot), which we finished just in the nick of time at the end of the day bell. I teach at the same school that I used to go to when I was little, as for my brother. When I asked my mom why we were smiling so goofy in the picture, she said, "because you're kids! kids are goofy!"





No comments:

Post a Comment