8.24.2011

TALK LIKE AN OPEN BOOK

Scrabble Art

Excited to start from scratch but realizing I'm going to have to spend many days organizing my classroom, my mind barely sleeping at night from thinking up ways to decorate and beautify and add more colour. Want a classroom that I feel good walking into every morning. Want my students to feel happy and respected and comfortable and encouraged and inspired walking into our classroom every morning. Not sure how to do this, collecting ideas from here and here, scouring vintage shops and garage sales and dollar stores for anything unique. Designing a classroom is like choosing an outfit, it says a lot about you. What do I want my classroom to say about me? And on that note, what am I gonna wear the first day of school?

A blank canvas 

 Handmade card garland, to help with counting from one to ten

Travel wall 

Quote by Henry James, handmade, acrylic on canvas 

One of twenty-four Daily Activity cards, handmade, acrylic on bristol board

1 comment:

  1. Love the scrabble art! too cute!

    Also love the revamped blog! I hope you had a great summer Jess xo

    ReplyDelete