11.05.2011

MADE ME THINK ABOUT THE WAY THINGS ARE, MADE ME THINK ABOUT THE WAY THEY COULD BE

Sweater: Gap, Dress: Talula, Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell

An odd day at school yesterday, felt like I was on a bit of rampage calling my students out on things they shouldn't be doing - tattle-tales, budgers in line, a sudden need to go to the bathroom when it's time to clean up the class... Little kids are funny because they try to figure out what they can get away with. We had just finished having a 'big talk' about everything when another teacher stopped by my class and pulled me aside. "I just want to say that whenever I walk past your class, your students always look so interested in what they're doing!" Gahh then I felt like a big meanie and a strict ol' teacher, gettin mad at my kids when they don't put away the Lego properly. Gees they're just kids. Sometimes it takes someone else's kind words to put things into perspective.




2 comments:

  1. A few kind words always always go a long way!
    It's very encouraging, and motivating. Sometimes I feel like I have an epiphany after someone makes a comment on something I never even noticed in the first place (if that makes any sense LOL).

    Bonnie
    http://ItsStrangelyMe.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic outfit, love the yellow sweater - nothing like colour during this season!

    ReplyDelete