7.27.2012

MAPS, WAIT

There was this baby screaming bloody murder in the airport in Saigon, and of course that baby ended up on all three of my flights today. But it got me thinking about being little and traveling. I don't remember my first plane ride, but my mom used to work for a company that prepared flight meals, and I do remember that. I remember, most clearly, going to work with her with I was small and eating mini cheeses, thinking they were the best thing ever. I have a feeling that being introduced to plane food at a young age ingrained in me an ability to adapt to new experiences and try new things, increasing my fervor to travel as I get older. Currently, I am in Thailand, my brother is in Belgium, and my folks are in Turkey. That plane-food-gene runs in my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment